You may remember last week that I shared a recipe with you about how to make the perfect poached egg — but you know what goes great with a perfectly poached egg? My 3 ingredient hollandaise sauce.
The star ingredients in this sauce are simple — egg yolks, butter, and and lemon juice. Then you add a few little spices like cayenne, salt, and pepper — and when you do that, the magic happens.
I mean really happens.
You just blend it all up in the blender until it becomes this pale yellow color and gets thick. There is no cooking involved at all.
Then you simply drizzle it on top of those perfectly poached eggs for the perfect brunch.
Here is this easy peasy recipe that you can make over and over again for your family. Hollandaise sounds like it is super fancy and hard to make, but honestly — it takes mere minutes to do.
3 Ingredient Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 sticks Butter
- 3 whole Eggs, Separated
- 1 whole (juice Of) Lemon
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- Pinch salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 sticks of butter.
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks in a blender. Then you can discard the whites.
- Turn the blender on low to allow the yolks to combine, and then begin pouring the hot butter in a thin stream into the blender.
- The blender should remain on the whole time, and you should be careful to pour in the butter very slowly. Don't just pour it all in at once otherwise you will have cooked egg yolks. You are tempering the yolks at this point.
- After you pour in the last of the butter, then immediately begin squeezing lemon juice into the blender. You should use the juice of one lemon.
- Check the blender to make sure the sauce is not super thick. If it is and is not moving very well, add a little more juice and give it a stir, then blend again.
- Add in a generous shake of cayenne pepper. I promise it will not make it HOT!
- If the sauce is too thick, continue to blend while adding more lemon juice. Once you get it to the consistency you want, add a little pinch of salt and pepper.
- Taste then pour over your eggs benedict for the perfect brunch meal
What is your favorite easy brunch idea?