My Chocolate Sugar Cookies recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Hey hey friends! We are on the downside of the week — thank GOD! I have another amazing dessert for you today for #SummerDessertWeek. My delicious Chocolate Sugar Cookies will have your mouth watering — so are you ready for this one?
I am a huge fan of sugar cookies anyway, but when I discovered I could make chocolate sugar cookies, I do believe I have put away my old way of making cookies and start making them this way from here on out.
How to Make Chocolate Sugar Cookies
To make these amazing chocolate sugar cookies, first let’s gather all our ingredients.
We have —
- Land O’Lakes butter
- Salt and baking soda
- Cocoa Powder
- Dixie Crystals Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Adams Extract Vanilla
You are going to start by creaming together your brown sugar and butter together.
Then add in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. Once you get all that combined, set aside.
In another bowl, combine all your dry ingredients — flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
Once you do that, then you are going to combine the two and mix together until it all is combined. It will be thick — that is what you want.
At this point, you can put the dough in the fridge for about an hour — or if you can’t wait to taste one of these cookies like me, you can go right ahead into the next step.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough into balls. Roll in sugar to coat the outside.
For me, Dixie Crystals is the way to go! Their sugar is the best 🙂
Then, place them on a cookie sheet covered with either a silpat or parchment paper. This ensures even baking and your cookies won’t stick to the cookie sheet.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. When they come out, give them a minute to cool down before moving to a wire rack to harden just a bit.
When they are ready to eat, you will not be able to take just one! They are so fudgy tasting on the inside. They are soft and puffy and make the most amazing cookie you will ever taste.
- 1 cup Land O'Lakes butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Adams Extract vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition, and then vanilla.
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour -- or you can skip this step and go right to making them.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place into granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
No Bake Treats:
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Bourbon Soaked Cherries from The Whimsy One
- Summer Fruit Dessert Pizza from Big Bear’s Wife
- Fruit Swirled Madeleines from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mini Cherry Almond Galettes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baby Blueberry Cobblers from The Domestic Kitchen
- Sweet Corn and Raspberry Layer Cake from Sweet ReciPeas
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Jen Around the World
Enter to Win!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.