My Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Several years ago, I tried my hand at making Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings and from the moment I had my first taste of this very indulgent dessert, I knew it would not be the last time I made it.
When I was trying to make up my mind about what recipes to make for #SummerDessertWeek, Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings was the first recipe that popped into my mind.
This is one of those recipes that is so easy to make, there is NO reason NOT to make it!
How to Make Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings
To start off, gather all your supplies –including your 2 sticks of butter! Yes — you read that right. Land-O-Lakes butter is what really makes this dish.
The finishing touch is the Adams Extract Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar mix that is sprinkled on top.
Start by peeling your apples and quartering them. Each apple should give you 8 slices, making for 16 apple dumplings.
Unroll your crescent rolls and separate them. Roll each apple inside a crescent roll.
Spray the bottom of your baking dish with non stick cooking spray and place all your apple dumplings in the 9×13 dish.
You don’t even have to worry about if the sides touch. It’s totally okay.
Now — here’s the fun part. Take your brown sugar, butter, and Adam’s extract vanilla cinnamon sugar and mix together.
Then you are going to pour this delicious goodness ALL over those dumplings in that pan. Your Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings will be swimming in a bath of butter. It is okay — I promise.
Now, take your lemon lime soda and pour all around the edges of the pan. Don’t mix it — just pour it on top. Then place in your 350 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 (8 each) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 sticks of Land-O-Lakes butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Adams Extract vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Adams Extract Vanilla cinnamon Sugar or to taste
- 1 can (12oz) lemon lime soda
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the apples, peel and cut into eight equal slices.
- Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Place a piece of apple on each triangle of dough (on a wider side) and roll it in a croissant.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Mix until you get a liquid mixture without lumps and pour over the rolls.
- Pour soda around the edges of the rolls (but not over) and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or eat them just like they are!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Mini Blueberry Pie from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Pie from Daily Dish Recipes
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cookies & Cream Mini Bundt Cakes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Malted Milkshake Cake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Layered Strawberry Shortcake from Southern From Scratch
No Bake Treats:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas from Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Caramel Heath Ricotta Cheesecake Bars from The Whimsy One
- Banana Pudding Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry French Toast Shortcakes from For the Love of Food
- Apple Dumplings from Jen Around the World
- Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blueberry Cobbler from Bowl Me Over
Enter to Win!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check Out These Amazing Prizes
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.