My Snickerdoodles recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
One of my all time favorite cookies to make is Snickerdoodles. The reason for that is because it is a very easy and versatile cookie to make. I can take this cookie with me to any function, because I can whip it up in no time.
Don’t get me started on how delicious it is! Knowing my love for Snickerdoodles, I knew it was going to be a recipe I featured in #SummerDessertWeek.
If you missed some of the other recipes during Summer Dessert Week, you can click here:
- Rustic Cherry Galette
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
How to Make Snickerdoodles
Gather your ingredients —
butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and a cinnamon sugar mix — like the Adams extract brand I received.
Using a hand mixer like my awesome Kitchenaid hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Then set that aside while you mix the dry ingredients.
Once you mix the dry ingredients together, pour those into your wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Now, using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough out and roll into balls. You are going to pour the Adams Extract Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar mix onto a plate.
Once you roll them in the sugar mixture, then you are going to take them and flatten just a bit and place them on the silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. They will be pretty puffy when you first take them out. They should look golden brown and set – meaning a little stiff and not so shiny.
Put them on a wire rack to cool (they will fall a bit once they are cooled off). The outside gets nice and crispy while the inside stays soft and chewy.
If you do not want to make an entire batch all at once, you can freeze the dough for later use. That is the beauty of making homemade cookies — you can fill your freezer with homemade dough for anytime you need a quick dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks of Land O'Lakes butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Adams vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Adams Extract Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar
- Sift or whisk flour, baking powder and the salt together then set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer on medium speed beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.Reduce speed to low. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicon baking mats.
- Shape heaping-tablespoon-sized mounds of cookie dough into balls. Roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies have puffed a little and the tops look set. The cookies should be light golden. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Key Lime Pie from The Java Cupcake Blog
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Cheesecake from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Icebox Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry Cornbread from For the Love of Food
- Snickerdoodles from Jen Around the World
- Butter Cookies from Bowl Me Over
- Reese’s Puffs Toffee from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Pie Bars from Southern From Scratch
- Mississippi Mud Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Cardamom Hand Pies from My Baking Heart
- Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta from Cooking In Stilettos
- S’mores Crepes from For the Love of Food
Enter to Win
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.