This year, I am making myself a Holiday Bucket List for the month of December!
I love celebrating the holidays. Watching all these Christmas movies here lately has put me in the mood to possibly do something totally different this season. Of course, I will do my normal things, but I thought I would create a bucket list of things to do this holiday season!
After walking in our small town Christmas parade last night, I am in such a festive mood that I WANT to have more fun, so without further ado, here is my 2018 Holiday Bucket List!
2018 Holiday Bucket List
- Ride around looking at Christmas lights
- Make homemade hot chocolate and watch the Polar Express
Go to the local Christmas Parade Decorate the Christmas Tree
- Go Ice Skating
- Visit Nashville and walk around the Gaylor Opryland Hotel
- See Grinch ICE in Nashville
- Sing Christmas Carols
- Kiss my husband under the mistletoe
- Get a Christmas Angel and buy gifts for them
- Holiday lunch with friends
- Make a Gingerbread house
- Decorate Christmas Sugar Cookies with my grown kids
- Start a new tradition
- Send out Christmas Cards
- Go Ice Skating
- Watch a Christmas musical
- Wear a holiday sweater
- Make Christmas Candy
- Read the Christmas Story to my family
I am hoping to really start doing this every year. It helps hold me accountable to go and have fun with my family. I tend to seclude myself when the holidays come around, but this year, I really want to get out there and enjoy the holiday season.
I will come back to this post often and cross off the items we do as a family as we finish them. My goal is to complete this list by December 26th at the latest. I really think it’s doable and it will open the door for us to be able to enjoy the holiday season this year (since we are missing one of our family members).
What about you? What fun things do you like to do during the holidays? Are you excited to join in any festivities? I would love for you to share them with me in the comments below.