This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Missouri Division of Tourism for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have always heard that Missouri is a great place to go and visit. Our family has this wonderful state on our radar this year for the family vacation, so I have been working hard to create our itinerary of all the amazing places we will want to see when we get there.
Missouri sounds exactly like what our family needs and here are 3 reasons why I want to go.
- The outdoors: I have heard that the outdoors in Missouri is breathtaking, so I definitely want to experience that. There are 51 state parks all across Missouri so I am sure I can find somewhere outdoorsy to go to. In fact, there is a 225-mile Katy Trail (America’s longest rail-to-trail hiking/biking trail), along with hunting and fishing, ziplines for my son, and the Lake of the Ozarks has more miles of shoreline than the entire state of California. (Surprising, right?).
- A Great Family Destination: Missouri is home to many great zoos which my kids love, so I know that we would be visiting a ton of those. Both my son and daughter love waterparks and Missouri has 3 major ones. Missouri is also a great place for a homeschooling family because it is filled with museums and tons of history such as Mark Twain’s home and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s home.
- Honeymoon destination: My hubby and I have never had a honeymoon, but I have heard some good things about Missouri being a great place to get away for some adult time. Filled with lots of great adult themed shows and fun, or you can just relax at a quiet bed and breakfast.
If I could Visit Missouri today here is what I would do….
If I could visit Missouri for 4 days, here is a few places that I would take my family.
- Definitely have to visit Branson Missouri for all the shopping and musuems
- Civil war battlefield for my son who absolutely LOVES that time period (plus it’s great for homeschooling as well)
- I want to drive down Route 66 — that has always been on my bucket list!
- I would have to take a stop at the Candy House Chocolate Factory for my daughter who loves chocolate.
- I want to see Silver Dollar City.
There are definitely a ton of things to see and do in Missouri and I want my family to experience the culture there. Be sure to like VisitMO on Facebook and to follow VisitMO on Twitter to keep up with all the exciting information about this hidden family destination.
Where would you go if you were visiting Missouri?