If you look on my blog anytime soon in the potato sides, you will see that I am a potato girl through and through. I love me some potatoes! One of my favorite dishes of all times has always been wedges. I can’t tell you why, but they have just been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. I always told myself that when I got older and learned how to cook, that Batter Dipped Potato Wedges would definitely be one of the first side dishes I learned to cook.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
As you can see, I have definitely learned how to make them! They are really easy and go great with just about any meal you are fixing. I serve mine with sandwiches sometimes, and then other times, my daughter and I will fix some just for a snack.
- 2 pounds of potatoes sliced into wedges
- oil for frying
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Take the cut potatoes and fry them for 2 minutes
- Remove from the oil and let them cool.
- Soak the potatoes in the milk.
- While the potatoes are soaking, mix together your flour, salt, pepper, and seasoned salt.
- Shake milk off of potato and then roll them in flour.
- Fry them until brown and crusty.
Speaking of my daughter, she is now the honorary wedge fixer in our home. She has learned how to make them from beginning to end and does a super job at it! I am so proud of her cooking skills.