One of my favorite cuts of meat is a pork loin. If cooked just right, it is tender and juicy and I prefer it over a huge slab of beef. If it is cooked wrong though, it can be tough and dry. I recently used the Fairwind FWPC6L 6 Liter Pressure Cooker to experiment cooking my Cajun Style Pork Loin and I am here to day to share the recipe and my thoughts with you.
Now, without a pressure cooker, cooking one of these pieces of meat can take hours — especially if you want to get it the right kind of tenderness.
With the Fairwind FWPC6L 6 Liter Pressure Cooker you can have dinner on the table in under an hour.
I own a couple of different pressure cookers and this one is fairly large on the inside. It has a 6 liter pot, which is as big as my slow cooker. The other pressure cookers that I own have a small 4 liter pot, so I was able to cook a huge slab of meat in this one.
Now — what makes this a cajun pork loin is my special homemade cajun spice that I put together to put on the meat. I don’t just sprinkle it lightly.
I cover the whole entire piece heavily in the spice because the flavor gets way down into the meat.
Then once I get my spices on, I am ready to cook my meat.
The stainless steel finish on the inside makes it easy to clean up after it is cooking too. I spray the inside with cooking spray and it wipes out easily after the pork loin has finished cooking.
The digital screen makes it easy to choose the right setting as well.
Other features of the Fairwind FWPC6L 6 Liter Pressure Cooker include:
- Indicator beep at end of cycle and when removing or closing the lid
- Digital screen
- Keep warm function
- 6 liter pot
- 8 Preprogrammed multifunctions
- Stainless steel finish
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight and can be easily stored
- Includes rice measuring cup, 2 serving spoons & a stainless steel steam rack
This amazing product is perfect for a variety of meals such as: Soup, Meat Stew, Poultry, Beans, Chili, Rice, Porridge, Cakes, and more!
- 1 4 pound pork loin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Mix together all the spices and set aside.
- Place your pork loin in your Fairwind FWPC6L 6Liter Pressure Cooker.
- Sprinkle all your seasoning on top of the pork loin.
- Add 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Select the "On Demand" pressure button and increase the time from 30 to 50
- Using the texture button, set it to medium/standard.
- Once the pork loin is done, the unit will beep.
Have you ever used a pressure cooker? If so, what’s your favorite meal to prepare while using one?
I received a FairWind FWPC6L Pressure Cooker for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.