My niece is totally on a health kick. She has been posting all these #whole30 recipes that she has been making, and I am telling you — they look delicious. She did share one recipe though, that really caught my eye, so I decided to try and make them too. Homemade Cauliflower Tortillas. These are SUPER healthy and don’t have a lot of calories in them at all.
- ¾ a head of cauliflower riced or 2 cups riced and packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss ¾ a head of cauliflower cut up into a food processor. Remove most of the stem and then pulse until you get a texture slightly finer than rice. You should have two cups when you are done.
- Place riced cauliflower in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes and stir, then another two minutes and stir again. Using a cheesecloth or a dish cloth, squeeze excess water out as hard as you can. It's hot, so be careful not to burn yourself.
- Place drained cauliflower back in bowl and add two eggs, garlic paste, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet into 6 small fairly flat circles.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes then pull out of the oven. They should come up fairly easy. You can then flip them with a spatula and place back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes.
- Once they’re done place them on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and place the tortillas into the pan pressing down slightly and brown them to your liking. This will add flavor, but also give them that toasty tortilla look.
We topped ours with some sliced chicken, avocado, cheese, homemade salsa, and cilantro.
Two of these yummy tortillas with all of the toppings I mentioned — only 159 calories.
What are some healthy recipes you have made recently?