I remember when my kids were little, surrounding the television as we watched Disney’s The Lion King. It quickly became one of our all time favorite Disney classics. Those were the days when we had vcr’s. Now that we have blu-ray and dvd instead — I was sad when we could no longer watch it. BUT — Disney just released The Lion King Blu-Ray TODAY!! Click here to grab a copy before they are gone.
I am over here doing a happy dance!! In fact — I’ve watched it twice already since getting it in.
This movie means a lot to me for many reasons. It was released the year my son was born — 1994. Can you believe that this classic is 23 years old??
One of the biggest animated films in history, The Lion King, the coming-of-age masterpiece, filled with humor and heart, breathtaking animation and soul-stirring Academy Award®–winning music (1994: Best Original Score and Best Original Song, “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”), joins the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection. The Lion King roars to its rightful place in the Walt Disney Signature Collection. It released on Digital August 15th and will be released on Blu-ray™ August 29th.
I can remember sitting with my kids and falling over in fits of laughter at Pumbaa. I mean — when he starts singing about him being a young wharthog — I lose it every single time. Don’t get me started on Whoopi Goldberg as the hyena. Man — this will always go down as one of my favorite movies of all times.
Audiences will fall in love all over again with the treasured classic, and a new generation of fans will laugh with Timon and Pumbaa, cry with Simba and Mufasa, burst into song, and find their place in the “Circle of Life.”
The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes over three hours of classic bonus material and exclusive, brand new features inviting viewers to sing along with the film’s award-winning music, observe recording sessions, step inside the story room, witness the evolution of a villain, and join Nathan Lane (voice of Timon) and Matthew Broderick (voice of Adult Simba) for an extended conversation regarding the legacy of “The Lion King.”
Make sure to grab your own copy of The Lion King on Blu-Ray while it’s available! Have a movie night with the kids and print off these ideas for some food and some character masks too!
Here are the bonus features you can look forward to from The Lion King Signature Collection edition:
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
- And more!!
CONNECT WITH THE LION KING ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY SIGNATURE COLLECTION:
The Walt Disney Signature Collection includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. Each release will offer special features for every member of your family plus a unique digital experience. To date, the collection includes “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio” and “Bambi.”