Aside from learning the necessary dog grooming tactics and tips, it is essential that you have the required grooming equipment to make your work comfortable as well. One of the crucial grooming tools that you must have is a grooming table. A dog grooming table is necessary to make your grooming smooth, and it also helps you to safely take care of the dog especially the breeds that require intensive care while shaving. There are different dog grooming tables on the market which include the electric grooming table, hydraulic and others are portable such that you can carry it around.
These tables may be a bit expensive for some users and therefore, if you cannot afford the table, below are some easy ways that you can use to make your own.
- Lumber cut into eight pieces
- One lumber in full length
- Two pieces of plywood
- Rubber Mat
- Glue or straps
- A saw
- Tape measure
The first thing you need is to figure out is the height and the size of the grooming table that you want to make for your dog. You need a table that is comfortable to use and therefore, make sure it reaches your belly area for comfortable working and comfort too.
- Measure both the heights and the width of the lumber and then cut them to the right or desired sizes. The standard size of a grooming table is usually 36 by 24, but you can still measure your sizes depending on the size of your dog or preferences. Get more ideas about various sizes and designs of dog grooming tables from multiple sites if you are a beginner.
- Get one piece of the plywood and attach the legs to the plywood and ensure they form a V shape that is matching to the middle of the table and ensures that they are firmly fixed.
- Fix the other cut legs to the remaining plywood by following the same process as you did on the first one. Attaching double plywood is essential as it helps one build a thick and robust table that can withstand different weights of pets.
- Measure and cut the remaining lumber into four legs and attach them at the bottom of the table for maximum support and protection. It is essential to use a tape measure as it helps you get equal sizes of all the table legs.
- Cut the rubber mat and fix it on the top part of the table. When attaching the rubber mat, you can either use straps or krazy glue. A rubber mat is essential since it is safe and provides an excellent working surface for the dog.
If you cannot afford a grooming table or you would want to make a stand according to your preferences, the above are easy and convenient steps to follow to get your grooming table ready. The materials are readily available and also for the rubber mat choice, there are different types and brands that you can select from.