This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourSummer #CollectiveBias
When we started homeschooling, I wanted to make sure that both my son and my daughter knew how to cook. My daughter took to the kitchen like a duck in water, but my son? He did not want any part of learning how to cook. I told him that one day he would need to know how to cook for himself. He has learned a little bit, but he would much rather use meals like STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen Steak Fajita and Cilantro Lime Chicken to prepare easy and healthy meal solutions.
For my son, something easy that he can fix is right up his alley and that is what we discovered when I found these Stouffer’s meals at Walmart.
I had been walking through the frozen food section to try and find something that is delicious and good for him, but something that he could cook. That is when I stumbled upon all the Fit Kitchen meal choices available to him.
I picked up the steak fajita and the cilantro lime chicken because who doesn’t love meat — especially a young man, right?
He was pretty excited to see that I found him some meals that are good for him and easy enough for him to make it on his own. Hey — it beats going through drive through and ordering fast food, right?
My son is 20 and works full time with his dad, so he needs food that will not only fuel his body, but something that he can make in a snap when they don’t have a lot of time to spare.
I love how independent he is — even though he lives at home with us. He pays his bills, and he buys his own groceries for the house. We don’t ask him to do these things, but he does — all on his own.
Having these meals for him are perfect because when he wants to eat, he doesn’t have to wait for us to make dinner. He can simply pop one in the microwave and then enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner — one that he prepared for himself!
Easy Meal Solutions for Young Men
If your young man is like mine, you can always help them to find easy meal solutions that are catered just for them.
- Make a list of his favorite types of cuisine — is it Mexican, Chinese, American — or does he have a wide palette?
- Help him to create a menu plan so that he knows exactly what he will be eating all week long.
- Shop the freezer section at Walmart where you will find these Stouffer’s Fit Kitchen Meals and then stock up!
- Once you create the menu, create a shopping list to help him shop for the meals he wants.
- Teach him how to coupon so that he can save money in the process.
- Show him how to utilize those kitchen appliances — the blender, the microwave, the oven — the possibilities are endless.
Be sure to check out recipes, tips, and more at http://www.stouffers.com. I’d love to hear your favorite things that your son loves to eat!