A couple of weeks ago, we went to my daughter’s best friend 16th birthday party. Her dad is like a BBQ master when it comes to smoking and grilling things. That night, he grilled out some DELICIOUS BBQ Chicken wings and drumettes. He makes his own sauce, and it is finger lickin good!
I decided that those little wings were so good that I wanted to make my own, so I set out to create a yummy recipe for our family — and let me tell you, the ones I made are just as good!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
I did bake mine in the oven since I was out of charcoal and too lazy to go to the store to get any 🙂
Here is my recipe for BBQ Chicken Wings. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 2 1/2 lbs of chicken wings and drummettes
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- CUT wings at joints; discard tip sections. Once you do, you should have a wing portion and a drum leg portion
- PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch pan.
- BAKE 35 min.; drain. During the cooking process, flip and baste with the bbq sauce several time. During the last 5-7 minutes, turn the broiler on and let the chicken crisp up and the sauce caramelize a bit before serving.