I am so excited to learn about the Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player and how it can help me cut the cable. If you are interested, keep reading. I’m so intrigued myself!
Disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I opened my cable bill the other day, and Y’all — I about passed out on the floor. Our bill is nearing the $200 mark — and I’m like why??????
In an effort to live in a more streamlined fashion and cut our costs down drastically, we have been talking about getting rid of the cable bill. I can make a long list of things I can buy (such as groceries) for the house and other ways that this money can be useful.
But — here’s the thing. Our family happens to be television junkies. My husband and I are knees deep into fall season premiers and I do not think I am ready to give those up just yet.
But you know what? We don’t have to. And here’s why.
Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player
You’d be surprised at what you can do around the home just to help save money. I found out that we can cut our cable and still stream our entertainment with the Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player.
Now is a great time for us to cut our cable and save money. With the Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player, there are so many streaming options out there that cost less than cable.
I already stream some shows via my iPad because let’s face it — there are some shows my hubby doesn’t like to watch and I do. But, to be able to stream it all without having to have cable — now that is a win-win for me!
Chromecast is designed to make the most of the apps and entertainment already on your phone. Shows, movies, live TV, YouTube, photos and more.
It’s all just a tap away from all of your family’s devices. Watch movies, shows, live TV, YouTube, and photos streaming on your TV from all of your family’s devices. Stream your favorite entertainment on your TV from all of your family’s devices.
- All together now: Watch movies, shows, live TV, YouTube, and photos streaming on your TV from all your family’s devices.¹
- Stream from your phone to TV: Plug Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV and to power and stream your favorite entertainment right from your phone with just a tap. Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more. And while streaming, you can still use your phone as you normally do.
- Works with the streaming apps you know and love: Enjoy TV shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube TV, and HBO NOW. Find more at g.co/chromecast/¹
- Start streaming with just your voice: Just say what you want to watch from compatible apps and control your TV hands-free, with Chromecast and Google Home working seamlessly together.² “Ok Google, play Stranger Things from Netflix on my living room TV.” ¹
- Upgrade your TV for less: Expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV. It’s so affordable you can get one for every TV in the house.
- High-speed wireless connectivity: Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
- Compatible with your existing HDTV: Easily connects to high-definition televisions with HDMI connectivity. ¹ Subscriptions are required to view some content. ² Google Home, Chromecast, and compatible content required to cast to a TV using Google Home.