Movie nights at our house are comfort food nights, but since we are watching what we eat, I am having to find new ways to invent our favorite foods. That is how I came up with this version of Healthier Unfried Chicken. This post has been sponsored by Netflix since I am part of the Stream Team. All opinions are 100% my own.
We love movie nights at our house. Back in the day — I am talking like 13 or 14 years ago (I am showing my age) we used to pile the kids in the car and head to our local movie store. Friday nights and the rest of the weekend was made for movie watching, so each one of us would grab two movies and we spent all weekend holed up together watching movies.
Of course, if we were movie watching then that meant there were comfort food snacks around — my all time favorite popcorn, a fun meal filled with all of our favorite foods, comfy blankets for snuggling, and of course, love and laughter.
It seems like such a long time ago, but even though my kids are now fully grown, we still love to have movie nights at home.
Gone are the days of the video store. Now, we just use Netflix as our form of movie entertainment. On the weekends, we spend time hanging out with each other, making new foods like my Healthier Unfried Chicken while we binge watching our favorite shows.
- Cooking spray
- 2 to 3 shakes hot sauce, such as Tabasco, optional
- 1 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 4 cups cornflake crumbs
- 8 assorted chicken pieces, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Shake the hot sauce into the buttermilk and pour into a shallow dish. Place the cornflake crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each piece of chicken in the buttermilk, and then roll it in the crumbs. Place the coated chicken pieces on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken until the crust is golden brown and the meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 1 hour. Check this with the point of a sharp knife. Remove the pieces from the pan and serve while the chicken is warm.
How Kimmy Gibbler and DJ Tanner Do Movie Nights
If you are a super mom like Kimmy Gibbler or DJ Tanner, movie nights at home are a definite must. Popcorn is involved, homemade meals and just sitting around enjoying each other’s company.
- For a list of super mom shows on Netflix like DJ Tanner, check out this list of Netflix shows.
- If you are looking for some great family shows, here is a full list (Triple D is one of my faves!)
- Supermoms Like DJ Fuller: www.netflix.com/djfuller
- Steph Tanner Presents “How Rude” TV: www.netflix.com/stephtanner
- Kimmy Gibbler and Other Pesky Friends: www.netflix.com/kimmygibbler
I cannot wait for you to see Fuller House! I have been streaming and previewing and I am already in love — and I have only watched 3 episodes!
We are just 3 days away from the launch of Fuller House so get ready for some love, some laughs, and some Tanneritos!
Oh — and don’t forget to make a batch of my healthier unfried chicken. It is AMAZING!