I gave up regular french fries. Yes – you read that right. I have traded in my old white, starchy, potato fries for these new delicious homemade sweet potato fries.
My daughter and I have decided that we LOVE sweet potato fries so much more than regular old potato french fries. Here’s why
- They are healthier for us
- White starchy potatoes (when you eat too much of them) can keep you from losing weight
- Because they taste good
These fries are REALLY good if you make them and then sprinkle them with the all purpose seasoning recipe I shared with you last week. These are SUPER delicious.
Here is the recipe to make these. You can bake them or fry them. Either way they are scrumptious.
- 2 sweet potatos cut into french fry size matchsticks (1/4" to 1/2" in size)
- Oil for frying
- All purpose seasoning if you choose to use this
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
Cut potatoes down to your desired french fry size. Heat oil to 350 degrees on the stove top.
Fry in batches until they are nice and crispy. Be careful and watch them though, because the sugar content in these potatoes will cause them to burn.
Once they come out of the oil, drain them on paper towels, and then sprinkle them with whatever seasoning you plan on using.
What about you? Which do you prefer? White potatoes or sweet potatoes?