Anyone who knows me knows I am not a fan of red clothing. I have auburn hair, and when I wear red, it clashes with my hair. However, I don’t dislike red. In fact, I love a hint of red in any outfit and since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I thought I would show you how I add just a bit of red to jazz up my outfit.
Add A Hint of Red
One of my favorite ways to add a hint of red is through my lipstick. I used to only wear brown, but this past year, I ventured out with red lipstick and have found that it is my all time favorite — especially matte red lipstick. Don’t use shiny because it just doesn’t look as elegant and sleek.
I recently learned there are two different types of red lipsticks — ones with cool undertones and ones with warm undertones. The warm is more red, orange, and yellow while the cool is more red, pink, purple in color. You can tell the difference when you put it on your lips.
When I wear the warm red, I match it with golds, but the cool, I wear with silver.
Make sure the outfit you chooses matches your red lipstick. Nothing looks worse than rocking the red, but your outfit clashes!
Using Nail Polish
Another way to add a pop of Valentine color is by painting your toe nails and finger nails in bright hues of red.
I love giving myself a mani and a pedi before Valentine’s Date Night. I use epsom salt and essential oils and fill my bathtub and allow myself to just soak for about 30 minutes. Then I get out, and scrub my feet and smooth them down — same with my hands, and then spend some time putting on my polish.
For the night, I will don my open toed studded high heel shoes that look amazing on my feet!
Even in February, I will wear my open toed shoes. The cold will not stop me from rocking my best!
My other favorite way to add a pop of red is through jewelry. Usually if I am wearing a black dress, I add in my silver jewelry, red lipstick, nail, and toes, and then sometimes, I will use my gold jewelry that has just that hint of ruby red color.
Using these three fashion tips for Valentine’s Day, I can make myself go from frump to glam in a heartbeat!
What about you? How do you dress yourself up for Valentine’s Day?
For more Valentine’s Day fashion, beauty and style ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Rose Petal Bath Salts by The Socialite’s Closet
- Valentine’s Day Outfits for Your Little Sweethearts by The Guavalicious Life
- Dress in Red for Valentine’s Day by Day by Day in Our World
- Valentine’s Day Outfit for Warmer Weather by How Was Your Day?
- Great Nail Polish Shades for Valentine’s Day by Style on Maine
- Kiss Me, Sugar Lips! DIY Sugar Lip Scrub Recipe for Valentine’s Day by Pretty Opinionated
- DIY Trendy Cuff Bracelet For Valentine’s Day by Teen Entertainment Guide
- Easy Rose Scented Massage Oil by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Mad for Buffalo Plaid by Sweet Lil You
- Valentine’s Day Fashion for Moms by Family Focus Blog
- Sexy Valentine’s Day Outfit by April Go Lightly
- Valentine’s Day Nail Ideas That Won’t Break The Bank by Flabby Fashionista