This recipe for Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork will become a staple in your house like it is mine!
I am a huge believer in the Instant Pot, pressure cookers, slow cookers and any other way that helps me create delicious meals for my family!
The other night I was cut short on time and forgot to put my pork butt in the crockpot earlier that day. Thank goodness I had my Instant Pot handy. It made the most delicious Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork I’ve ever tasted.
How to Make Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
This recipe comes together in a snap. All you need is a 3-4 pound Boston butt. I take it and chop it up into huge pieces so that it cooks faster in the Instant Pot.
Then, I top it with some bbq seasoning I always keep on hand here at home. I use my homemade version, but if you prefer store bought — that is totally up to you as well.
Once you get the butt in the Instant pot and get your seasonings on it, add in about 1/4 cup of water. Close the lid and hit the Pressure Cooker button. Make sure it is set to more and set the time for 60.
At the end of the 6o minutes, let it release steam naturally for about 10 minutes, and then turn the knob to vent to release all the rest of the steam left in the pot.
Do not remove the lid until the hissing has stopped. Take your butt out and place in a bowl and shred with two forks.
This one recipe makes enough to have leftovers and you can use the meat to make BBQ Nachos, and more. I use the freezer recipes from this site when I have leftover meats like this. It makes for great soups and stews and tacos and so many ideas!
Now, all you have to do is top your buns with this flavorful meat and add your favorite bbq sauce and my delicious homemade coleslaw for a sandwich match made in heaven.
- 2 TBSP paprika
- 1 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3-4- pound boneless pork roast or pork butt, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bottle favorite bbq sauce
- 1 cup water
- Whisk together the paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, mustard, and salt in a bowl until evenly combined.
- In the Instant Pot, add your cubed pork roast or pork butt and top with the spices and seasonings. Add in the cup of water
- Twist the lid on turn the vent to “Sealing”, then set the pressure cooker to “Manual” for 60 minutes. Once the time is up, let the vent naturally release for 10 minutes and then you can quick release the rest.
- Carefully open the lid. Transfer the pork to a separate clean plate with a slotted spoon, leaving the juices behind. Shred the pork with two forks.
- Serve immediately, topped with an extra bbq sauce and homemade coleslaw
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #jenaroundtheworld. I’d love to see what you cook!