I finally found a healthy hummus recipe that I LOVE. Of course, it helps that it has Mexican flavor 🙂 This recipe for Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus will knock your socks off!
I have been secretly making delicious and healthy snacks for our family to help each one of us retrain how we eat. Last week as I was cleaning out the pantry and trying to use up what we had, I came across a can of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) and started doing some research online of ways to make it have a Mexican flavor.
I paired with tortilla chips and it became a go-to snack for my family 🙂
- 1 15.5oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a food processor add garlic and jalapeno and process until diced up. Add remaining ingredients and blend until all mixed well and a smooth consistency.
- You may need to add salt & pepper to your tasting.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Recipes like this are great for a snack, or if you are like me, eat them as a light dinner when you need something not so heavy. Beware though — once you start eating this dip, you will NOT want to stop 🙂
Eating a snack like this will make your breath very stinky — just saying. For some reason, garlic in a hummus pretty much takes over your mouth, so if you have someone whom you love to kiss — don’t eat a lot of this or they may say NO THANK YOU!
I wish there was a cure for stinky garlic breath. But — I still love it and will always eat it regardless of how stinky it makes my breath.
What is something you have made recently with chickpeas?