I discovered a new favorite pie of mine this past week — Key Lime Pie. The tartness of the lime mixed with the amazing flavors of graham cracker crust and whipped cream, it makes this dessert to die for!
- ! Crust
- 18 whole Graham Crackers
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter, Melted
- ! Filling
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Zest
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 1 can, 14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
For the crust:
- Crush crackers in a food processor or Ziploc bag. For me, I just put them in a baggie and use my rolling pin. It works just as good.
- Pour them into a bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter. Press into a pie pan using your fingers to mold it around the edges, and bake for 5 minutes or until golden and set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
For the filling:
- Mix lime zest, lime juice, and egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Add in condensed milk and mix on high until smooth and thick. Pour mixture into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Try your best to stay OUT of the pie until it has refrigerated the right amount of time.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream and more grated lime zest, or you can add a lime twist on the top.
This is the perfect dessert to have one night with a delicious cup of coffee!