Arnold® provided me with coupons to redeem product and a gift card so that I could share my thoughts and information about Arnold® products and “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest with y’all. All opinions listed are 100% my own.
I love making healthier sandwiches for myself and my daughter. This one came about because I was trying to clean out the pantry and refrigerator after returning home from Gatlinburg last week. I knew I was starving, but I did not want to go to the grocery store, so I made this Mediterranean Chicken Bacon Sandwich and it is FABULOUS.
This meal starts with the delicious taste of Arnold Bread. Depending on the area you live in, this may be Arnold Bread, Brownberry Bread, or even Oroweat. Where I live, we only have Brownberry Bread.
All of Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain 2 to 5 grams of fiber per slice or thin and have zero grams of Trans Fat. They also have no high fructose corn syrup and are considered to be a cholesterol free food.
The Arnold® bread varieties contain are made with 100% whole grains, are a good source of fiber and only have about 80 calories per serving. It is very heart healthy which makes me happy because I am trying my best to eat better.
Health authorities recommend munching on 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day, much of which may come from whole grain products like Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads or Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
If you’re not sure of how many grams of whole grains you are getting, look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls.
How to Make this Delicious Mediterranean Grilled Cheese Sandwich
So, to start with — you need the sandwich thins. Then I slather it with my homemade hummus (just click that link for the recipe).
After that, I add on a few chicken bacon strips. Yes — it is chicken that has been cured and treated like bacon and it is delicious!
Now, I add a few slices of avocado and tomato and then top it with feta cheese.
“2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest
Arnold® Bread is excited to launch their “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Arnold® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000.
Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Arnold® Sliced Breads, including any of the Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 21st, online consumer voting will take place September 26th – October 23rd, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
Arnold® bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest.
More information on the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest Official Rules and Donation Program terms and conditions can be found at http://www.americasbettersandwich.com.