Did you know that November 6th is National Nachos day? I didn’t either, but when I found out, I decided to make a delicious dinner of Loaded Nachos. They remind me of the Nachos Supreme that they serve at most Mexican restaurants, but of course, mine tastes a lot better!
This recipe is absolutely amazing and literally takes NO time to throw together.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 can, 14-5 Ounce Pinto Beans, Chili Beans, Or Ranch Style Beans
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Tortilla Chips
- 1-1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1-1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 6 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Diced Finely
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro Leaves, Chopped
- Juice Of 1 Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 whole Avocado, pitted And Diced
- Sour Cream, optional
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and half the onion. Cook it until starting to soften, then add the ground beef. Cook the meat until it's totally browned, then drain the fat. If you have someone like MY son who hates onions, you can just omit those from the ground beef mixture.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the beans and hot water and stir. Reduce the heat to low and simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- To make the pico de gallo, combine the other half of the onion with the tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir it together and set it aside. This stuff is the bomb. You will eat this on just chips if you are not careful and then you won't have it for your nachos.
- To build the nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on a platter or plate. Top with a layer of the beef/bean mixture, the cheddar cheese. Save some of it for the next layer.
- Add another layer of chips, another layer of the beef/bean mixture, and the Monterey Jack cheese. Add a final small layer of chips, then a small layer of beef and beans, then a final sprinkling of cheddar.
- Microwave in 45 second increments until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Immediately sprinkle on the diced avocado and plenty of pico de gallo. Top with the sour cream as well.
This would make a great game day recipe!
What is your favorite nacho recipe?