One of my favorite things to eat is puff pastry appetizers and desserts. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago for Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, I decided I wanted to make them but roll them up and bake them and see how they turned out.
They don’t all look the same, which is perfect for me, because I like rustic looking food. The original recipe turned them into pockets filled with cheese, mushrooms, pizza sauce, and pepperonis, but my family doesn’t like mushrooms, so I omitted those.
Be sure to thaw your puff pastry out before starting so that it is easier to work with.
Then — take each rectangle and cut it into squares.
You should be able to get 9 squares per each piece of puff pastry.
Then spread a little pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and some pepperonis on top.
Then roll up, cigar style, and bake according to the package directions of the puff pastry.
Of course, some of them are going to come undone during the cooking process, but that is totally okay. Don’t stress. They are still delicious and taste amazing!
What really makes these puff pastry pizza roll ups so good though is the herbs that get sprinkled on the top of them right before you cook them.
Once they are done baking, it will be hard not to eat them all at once — pace yourself. After the first one, you will want another and another.
- 1 17.3-oz package puff pastry, thawed out
- 1 small jar of pizza sauce
- 1 5-oz package mini pepperoni
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
Preheat oven to 400.
Let pastry sheets thaw for about an hour and then unfold. Cut each sheet into 9 squares.
Spread about 1/2 Tbsp of pizza sauce over the puff pastry.
Sprinkle on the cheese and pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce.
Fold two opposite corners of each square over the filling and press edges to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet. Now, sprinkle with the basil and oregano.
Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This is one of the most delicious appetizers I have ever made. I am loving find new recipes each month on Pinterest to remake and create as my own.
Here are just a few more from friends around the Internet — what #PinterestRemakes have you made recently?
For more fun Pinterest Remakes, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Halloween Bloody Eyeballs by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Hand Soap by Homemaking Hacks
- Sausage, Potatoes & Eggs Breakfast Skillet Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- High Fiber Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites Recipe by Sweep Tight
- Chewy Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars by Better in Bulk
- DIY Wooden Pumpkins by Mom Does it All
- Chocolate Toffee Macaroons by How Was Your Day?
- Browned Butter Sugar Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Applesauce Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Repurpose Project: Men’s Sweater into a Boy’s Sweater by Our Homemade Life
- Cookie Hacks by The Guavalicious Life