I love making fun foods for each holiday that rolls around. This year, I am going to spend some time making really cool and festive Halloween treats — like my Bloody Bones.
This is one of the easiest sweet treats you will ever make. They look scary, bloody, and remind you of a pile of bones from a graveyard or something like that.
I did not do a step by step for this recipe because it is so simple to make. You only need 3 ingredients — mini marshmallows, pretzel sticks, and white almond bark. From there, it is simple as that.
You can do them as just regular bones, or if you want to get that bloody look, you can take red food coloring and add a bit to make it look like they are super broken!
So here is what you need to do —
Take a pretzel stick and 2 mini marshmallows and put them on the end of each pretzel. Then, melt your chocolate in the microwave and roll each pretzel stick in the chocolate and place on was paper to harden.
For the bloody ones, simply drizzle on some red food coloring while it’s wet and that’s it! Pile them up on a plate and serve to all the kiddos for a fun and frightful treat.
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 package of white almond bark
- red food coloring
Take a pretzel rod and place a mini marshmallow on each end
Set them aside.
Melt the almond bark in the microwave and then roll each pretzel rod in the almond bark. Take red food coloring and place on several bones and leave some white. Serve to friends and family.
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You