The other day I got this amazing clean eating 7 day challenge from eMeals and it intrigued me so I decided to check it out. The very first breakfast on the menu made my mouth water, so I decided to make it. While the original recipe called for raspberries, I decided to use what I had on hand so I would up making the yummy Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes.
Since I am trying my best to lose my last 30 pounds, I have decided to take a different approach to eating — cleaning up and getting rid of the junk and only keeping around what I deem healthy and good for me.
eMeals is helping me do that with their clean eating menu and meal plan.
I have been using eMeals now for about a year and I love it. While not everyone in my house is trying to watch what they eat, I am and I love how easy this menu and meal plan makes it for me.
Not only has eMeals made it easy for me to stay on track with my healthy eating, but I can sit down to dinner with my family every night without worrying about any hassle.
[Tweet “Sign up with @eMeals to help you save money, get organized, eat healthy, and spend time with your family http://bit.ly/1czo4jk”]
I think what I love most about the program is that there are so many to choose from. You can chose from —
- Classic Meals
- Clean Eating
- Low Calorie
- Slow Cooker
- Low Fat
- Low Carb
- Portion Control
- Simple Gourmet
- Natural & Organic
- Gluten Free
They also have lunch plans, breakfast plans and dessert plans available.
On the eMeals program, each week you will receive a PDF that will contain your menu for the week, as well as a shopping list. Everything is done for you. All you have to do is go to the store, shop and get the ingredients and go from there.
It is the easiest and best program I have ever been a part of.
You can choose between a family plan that serves 4-6 people or you can choose the For 2 Menu.
The price per subscription runs around $30 for 3 months, but the best value is the year long subscription for $58. That means you are only paying $5 per month for this awesome service!
Now for the yummy recipe to those delicious clean eating pancakes!
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup honey, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of strawberries sliced in half
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, 2 tablespoons honey and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto hot skillet; sprinkle with 4 to 6 strawberry halves.
- Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles; turn and cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter and berries.
- Top with any remaining berries, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons honey.
After trying these pancakes, I don’t think I can ever go back to eating just regular pancakes again. These were SO so good.
What about you? Have you tried eMeals before? What kind of pancakes do you like?