Last weekend I catered my very first wedding event and it was amazing. I got to make a lot of new food that I have never made before, and tons of cute and colorful appetizers that will now forever be in my recipe book. These Strawberry Tea Sandwiches was one of those appetizers and fits perfectly for the 15 Minute Suppers appetizers theme this week.
To make these, you only need a few ingredients — all of which you probably have laying around your pantry. Putting them together takes NO time at all and they taste amazing!
- 1 block of cream cheese, room temperature ( you can achieve this by putting your cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute)
- 1/3 pack of strawberry jello
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 24 1 " bread round slices
- mint leaves for garnish
- Mix together in a bowl the following -- cream cheese, strawberry jello, strawberry preserves, and walnuts. Set aside.
- Take 6 bread slices and using a 1" biscuit cutter, cut 24 1" bread round slices.
- Top each bread round slice with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place a strawberry slice on top of each of those cream cheese bread rounds and then place a mint leaf on top of that.
- Serve at your next dinner party or special occasion.
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Strawberry Tea Sandwiches from Jen’s Journey
- 3 Quick Appetizers from Around My Family Table
- Cilantro & Black Bean Tortilla Roll Ups from Better in Bulk
- Spicy Teriyaki Sausages from Food 4 Little Ones
- White Clam Pizza from Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.