This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Last year I went to my first ever blogging conference. I felt like such a noob and totally out of place. I kept thinking, what am I doing here? Then it dawned on me — I am a blogger and I belong at conferences like these. Because of that, I am all geared up to go again in about 3 weeks and this time — I’ve learned a few things about what to take and what not to take. For starters, I am taking my brand new t mobile 4g tablet with me — because it has free tablet data. I’ll tell you why in just a second!
Last year, I took every single one of my electronics along. I took my laptop, my Kindle, my iphone, all my external chargers, and my camera. I lugged all of this stuff around with me the entire day, each day of the conference in a big huge bag. I decided that this year when I head to the conference, I’m not going with a heavy load. I want to bring along something that will benefit me and do everything that all my other electronics can do.
I decided that a tablet would probably be my best option, so I headed to Walmart to check out all the tablets that they had and see exactly which one would catch my eye.
As soon as I saw the hot pink T-Mobile section with a sign that said “Free data for life” — that totally caught my attention. The size and price of the tablet immediately drew me in and I knew it would be going home with me that day.
This tablet is an Android tablet so that is perfect for me, and at that amazing $179 price tag — you totally cannot beat that.
The hotel where the conference will be held has free wi-fi, but I learned my lesson last year — when you get that many people on wi-fi at once, it can be very sketchy.
When I’m away from home at conferences and such, I need a reliable connection, at the very least, to be able to check my e-mail and make sure that there are no pressing issues with my clients. Between airports and hotels with just “okay” wi-fi connections there have been times when I’ve traveled when I can’t get a signal on anything I own and that is so frustrating.
I am very excited to tell you today that you can get FREE Data for Life with T-Mobile on the Trio AXS 7.85″ 4G Tablet available at Walmart! Who doesn’t like free? I know I do. 200 mb of free data through T-Mobile’s 4G network is available every month for you to use on your Trio AXS tablet, for the life of the tablet!
I even took it with me to the doctor’s office the other day just to try it out. My doctor is SO stingy with her wi-fi and won’t share it, so I brought my own with me!
Also great for Back to School
My daughter is loving my tablet as well. She is doing Chemistry in homeschool right now, and some of those conversions can get pretty intense, so she is using the tablet, and finding all kinds of chemistry apps and science related videos to help her with her studies on numbers, scientific notation, and conversions.
So now that you know how I have been using my tablet, I’m going to share with you exactly what you should bring when going to a blog conference.
These tools definitely helped me out SO much preparing for last year and this year — so I hope that they help you too.
What Should I Bring to a Blogging Conference?
- Business Cards to pass out to brands and other bloggers (you will want to connect to everyone that has something in common with your niche.)
- A large suitcase to carry home all your swag. What I am doing this year is taking my carry on size and packing all of my clothes in this one and then I am tucking it away in my BIG suitcase so that I have plenty of room for all the free samples and swag that they give you at a conference. I had no clue just how much they give away! Go prepared!
- Tablet Trio from T-Mobile. This little guy will take the place of my laptop, kindle, and smartphone all in one. Now I will only need to carry around my purse because this little guy fits right into the front pocket without any issues at all.
- External chargers to keep you going all day long (although, you won’t need to use them often with the Trio tablet because it gets a full 6 hours of run time on a full battery
- A Friendly smile and a heart ready to learn all you can about taking your blog to the next level!
Oh and if you need more than 200 mb of data for your tablet, no worries! T-Mobile and Walmart offer tablet data plans for an affordable price beyond that 200 mb that you can purchase either as you go or on a monthly basis. Prices start at $10 and go all the way up to $50, but the package sizes are awesome for this price.
I’m very impressed with this #TabletTrio. With a quad core processor and the T-Mobile 4G network it’s lightning fast when you’re using it online with mobile data.
Check out ProTool Zone for more amazing tools
What about you? Have you seen this amazing tablet before? What do you think about free data for life? How do you prepare for blog conferences?