This morning when I opened my blog reader and read Courtney’s post about her word for 2011, my mind started running in a hundred different directions.
What word did I want to focus on this coming year?
There were many that came to mind, but the one that stuck out the most and just kept resonating for me was contentment.
I have been dealing with an angry spirit lately and I am just not sure when it developed, but it has caused me to become discontented in many areas of my life. In 2011, I want to be more content with whatever God deals me–where I live, what job I have, vacations that I might not get to take–WHATEVER He sees fit to bless me with, I want to be content.
So how is my 2011 looking so far?
I have many things going on for 2011–not resolutions, because I don’t make those, but goals I want to accomplish in the coming year.
- I want to spend more time with God in His word. I want to study and soak up like I used to.
- Find a church home for my family that we can feel like we are a part of and not outcasts.
- Really get serious about my childrens’ education–especially my son’s. He only has two years of school left and I need to help him focus and get direction of what he wants to do when he graduates.
- Write my book and submit it to at least four publishing companies.
- Lose 50 pounds and start to work on eating a little healthier.
- Grow closer to my husband and spend time loving him the way that God intended.
- Find some kind of ministry that my family can do together–something that will grow us closer together as a family.
I urge you to visit Courtney’s blog and read the post from today. It’s very encouraging and really helped me gain some focus for what I want for myself this upcoming year.