This Easy 15 Minute Shrimp Ceviche will hit every craving button you have ever had.
A couple of years ago when I went to San Francisco with Nutrish for our Advocate Group Meeting, they took us to this amazing cooking class where I was introduced to Shrimp Ceviche.
Since that time, it has been in the back of my mind begging me to make it. I finally got around to doing that this week so I thought I would share how easy it is to make and how amazingly delicious it is.
The moment that our chef let me taste this fresh appetizer dish, I was in pure heaven. I have always liked shrimp, but I thought it was raw in this recipe so I have avoided it like the plague.
How to make Easy Shrimp Ceviche
Then I found out that it is actually cooked. The lime juice that the shrimp is marinated in actually cooks the shrimp and makes it so tender.
The acidity in the lime juice cooks the shrimp to a perfect tender bite.
The crunch of the cucumber, onion, and jalapeño blend perfectly with the delicate shrimp and creamy avocado.
You can use this to top crackers, place in cucumber cups, put inside of tortilla chip cups, or you can just be like me and eat it without anything! It is just that good.
The thing about this dish is that it is so pretty and elegant, that it would be great to serve at a wedding!
This recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and your guests will be wowed at your culinary dish!
Check Out these Other Shrimp Dishes
- Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- One Pan Lemon Shrimp and Asparagus
- Zesty Baked Shrimp
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp
- Garlic Shrimp with blistered tomatoes
- 15 Minute Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, tails removed, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 6 limes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced and peeled cucumber, I prefer English cucumber
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 8 to stada shells
- Salt to taste
- Combine the raw shrimp and lime juice in a large bowl, so lime juice covers shrimp completely. Let sit for 15 minutes, or until shrimp is no longer grey. Drain (DO NOT RINSE) shrimp and discard lime juice.
- Combine the onion, cucumber, jalapeño, tomato and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and stir to combine.
- Season with salt to taste. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g