What is MCT oil? This is a beneficial saturated fat and today we are going to dive in and look at 3 ways to use MCT Oil, and as well as how to get this oil into your diet. This Includes health benefits of Diamond MCT oils and 3 superfood recipes to try.
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are one of the most popular health trends right now among people trying to lose weight and improve their health.
If you are researching and studying about nutritional ketosis, which is achieved by replacing net carbohydrates (total carbs minus fiber) with high amounts of healthy fats and moderate amounts of high-quality protein, then this article is definitely for you.
Today, we are going to take a closer look at MCT oil and how you can use it in your recipes to help decrease the risk of heart disease. There are 3 superfoods we are going to look at and talk about.
You can also discover the benefits of CBD oils as well.
First of all: What is MCT oil?
You may not have heard about MCT oil at all, but it is plant source oil made up of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are a special kind of fat. They are extremely unique in their chemical structure and they help aid in the bypass of regular digestion such as intestines, to the liver and to the blood.
Instead, these fats are digested fast and easily which doesn’t cause a strain on your stomach or intestines when digesting food. They do not hang around long in the stomach and they are absorbed right away and taken to the liver. Here they are used directly for energy instead of being stored as fat.
It happens really fast and then all that normally is fat will be converted to energy super duper fast. MCT oil is great for athletes to give them that boost of energy they need (much better than a spoonful of sugar).
You can find MCT oil in other foods such as coconut oil, grass-fed butter, whole milk, aged cheese, and yogurt.
Now that we have discussed what MCT oil is and how amazing it is for your body, let’s look at how we can use it in our food and beverages.
There are a ton of ways you can get this oil into your system because it is very versatile. You can cook with it, bake, blend, drink, eat, or use it for external uses like skin care of hair care.
3 SUPERFOOD recipes that Use MCT Oil
One of the easiest ways to incorporate more MCT oil into your diet is to substitute some of the existing oils you use with pure MCT oil. Take your time though and add it slowly. If you add too much MCT oil too fast it can cause you to get an upset stomach.
#1 Bulletproof Coffee
You can make this recipe hot or cold — it’s good either way.
All you need is butter, MCT oil, organic coffee, almond milk, and maybe some stevia powder for sweetness.
It tastes like a delicious latte, but the energy you will get from it will last even longer than that sugary drink you get from your coffee shop.
- 1 cup hot coffee freshly brewed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or coconut oil
- Stevia powder (this is if you need to sweeten your coffee)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
#2 Green Goddess Salad Dressing
This dressing is super delicious and full of great vitamins and minerals. The best part is that you can sub out your regular oils in your dressings for MCT oil to bump up the nutrition and health in your current homemade dressings.
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup MCT oil
- 2 TBSP water (only use this if you want your dressing thinned out more)
- Place everything but the oil in a food processor. Pulse and then, while the food processor is running and add in your oil slowly. Add more onion or salt at the end if desired.
#3 Buttered Salmon with Caramelized Onions
- 8 ozs salmon fillet
- 1/4 c onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh dill, chopped fine
- Grill the salmon fillet until tender.
- In a skillet, place your onions with a pat of butter and cook until they reach a caramel color. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
- Heat butter, MCT oil and lemon juice in the skillet. Blend well.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Pair with a salad, or side of broccoli or cauliflower and serve immediately.
Congratulations, you are now an MCT oil pro! Comment below with your favorite MCT oil recipe.
For more information about CBD and MCT oil, be sure to visit DiamondCBD.