I weighed myself this morning and I am proud to say that I have lost a little. When I say a little, I am dead serious. I went from 164.4 to 163.3. I lost a whole 1.1 pounds. Regardless of how small, I am claiming victory this week with a loss.
So how do I intend on keeping up with the weight loss this week? Using these 5 tips for staying on track with weight loss.
- Create a meal plan for yourself. I have been back and forth about doing this, but I finally decided this week that I would start creating a separate meal plan for myself until I have my family converted over to trying to eat less fried and more healthier cooked versions. Meals for me this week consist of more veggies, less meat, and NO junk.
- Find at least 15-30 minutes a day for exercise. Even if it is only for a few minutes, you need to try to do some sort of exercise daily. For me, this is hard because I work from home and sit on my but daily 🙂 So here is what I am starting this week — Zumba and yoga in the morning for 30 minutes, and then in the evening, I am taking a walk with my kids for 30 minutes. We might even run some! I look at it this way — How much time do I spend just watching a tv show or Facebooking, or looking on Pinterest? I can change that and use that time for working out or walking. It's a proven fact that movement and less calories makes your body start losing weight.
- Curb your caffeine intake. If you are an avid coffee drinker like me, you will definitely need to cut your caffeine intake. Caffeine sometimes messes up your weight loss progress so try to only have one cup in the morning of caffeinated and then if you must have one in the afternoon, make it decaf.
- Stay hydrated.One thing that I have noticed that helps me more is when I drink lots of water. I have been slacking on that recently, but I do intend on making sure to get that daily amount of 8 glasses in starting this week.
- Find time to do something for YOU. If you are constantly giving to everyone in your home and taking no time for yourself, you are setting yourself up for MAJOR failure. Go take a bubble bath, light some candles, play some music and relax. Studies have shown that when you are your most relaxed and at ease, your body will respond with losing weight more effectively.
What tips do you have for staying on track with weight loss?