Last week, while I was working on cleaning out the pantry, I found some apples that were needing to be used up. I hate to waste anything, so I checked my recipe archive and found that I had never shared my Apple Crisp recipe with you. So — here it is 🙂
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled,
- cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
Apples are so easy to cook with. I have used them in sweet dishes, but I have also used them in savory dishes as well. I have one that I make with porkchops, maple syrup, and apples. It’s a Rachel Ray special and sooo good.
What are some of your favorite apple dishes?