Anytime I am at the grocery store and I can find a pork tenderloin on sale, I snatch it up. It is a pretty expensive cut of meat, but it tastes SO wonderful when paired with things like apricot or orange marmalade. The truth is –I love pork tenderloin. You can cook it so many different ways and this one below for Apricot Flavored Pork Loin Roast has become my favorite way.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- 1 3 pound pork loin
- 1 jar of apricot perserves
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- lemon and pepper seasoning
- Place the pork loin in a casserole style baking dish.
- Top with the apricot preserves.
- Pour the apple juice over the loin.
- Sprinkle with lemon and pepper seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees until roast is tender and cooked through.
I like to serve this meal with fingerling potatoes, with a side of my homemade focciacia, and a hearty spinach and strawberry salad. This would also pair well with fried apples which is like a Southern staple beside pork dishes.
Have you ever used any kind of preserves or marmalade on meat dishes? What has the outcome on your end? Did you like it?
So — which preserve or marmalade would you use to make this delicious meal?
I would love to hear your comments!