This season is all about partying evidently. I have been to MORE parties in the last few weeks than I have been in my entire life — no joke. Because of that, I am having to make more party foods. My newest creation is Bacon and Cheddar Pinwheels. Heavens to mergatroid — these things are ADDICTIVE!
The best time to make these is when you are going to have a game night at your house. They will basically be engulfed in minutes because everyone is so hyped up from all the serious competition going on.
I made these using crescent rolls and just some basic ingredients I had in my refrigerator (it makes for a good pantry clean out recipe). Be sure to slice them with serrated knife. It makes the slicing much easier.
Here is the recipe for you to enjoy!
- 1 can, 8 oz refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 4 medium
- Heat oven to 350°F. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut lengthwise into 2 long rectangles. Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle.
- Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, Cheddar cheese and onions. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
These are SO darn good. If you make them, make sure to make a double batch, because you will definitely need them. The first time we made them, we made a small batch. The next time we tripled it.
What is your favorite appetizer?