Bacon is always a winner in my house. When I found this recipe Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta on the Hillbilly Housewife website, I knew it would be a winner!
- 8 oz of spiral pasta, egg noodles
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 6 bacon strips cooked and diced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a skillet cook beef until done, and then drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon in the same pan until crisp. Remove and drain. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and add it to the skillet.
- Add beef, bacon, and soup to the skillet.
- Sprinkle with cheese and mix together until it has all melted.
- Garnish with green onions and your favorite hamburger toppings!
This recipe is one of those that you want to keep around forever, especially if your son is a lover of Hamburger Helper.
Making your own homemade dishes like this cannot only save you money, but it can also save you calories as well.
What are your favorite convenience foods to buy and make at home?