You may be wondering why you are seeing tons of appetizers this week on the blog. Well — I am updating our family recipe book and I want to make sure that all the items I have baked or cooked, gets shared with you. Today’s recipe is Brown Sugar Little Smokies. It is similar to the recipe I made a while back for BBQ Smokies, but just a tad different.
There is just something about brown sugar and bacon when you put those two together. They create this carmelized flavor that is just —YUM! I can’t even describe it :).Do you like brown sugar and bacon?
Can you imagine it dribbled over ice cream? I might have to try that some day.
What about drizzled as a sauce over chicken that has been grilled to perfection?
Oooh– mixed with butter and put on a steak or a baked sweet potato.
I must stop. I am making myself hungry!
Anyway, this recipe is one that I cart to most outing events like football parties, winter get togethers, etc.
- 1 package of Little Smokies
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap each third around a Little Smokie.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 or until bacon is crisp and sugar has caramelized.