Ya’ll know how much I love Paula Deen’s recipes. Yesterday, I was watching her on Food Network, and she made a Candy Snack Cake! Being the little baker that I am, I decided to make it myself, and look how it turned out!
It looks EXACTLY like it did on the show! I was so impressed with it, that I decided to share it with y’all as well!
For the cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP buttermilk
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 3 regular size Snicker's Candy Bars cut into 1/2" pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar.
- Beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture beating until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cocoa, buttermilk, and 1 cup confectioners sugar.
- Stir in candy bars and allow to melt.
- Stir in remaining confectioner's sugar.
- Immediately spread over hot cake.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.