Anytime I am in need of a chocolate fix, I always turn to brownies. Some of my favorites are Caramel brownies, but making caramel from scratch is a long and laborious process. Using the new Werther's Baking Caramels, Kayla and I were able to create a delicious new brownie recipe. Let me introduce you to Caramel Pecan Turtle Brownies.
- 29 Werther's Baking Caramels unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 boxed brownie mix
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Once they are done, set them aside to cool.
- While the brownies are cooling, unwrap and place all caramels in a sauce pan along with the 3 tablespoons of milk. Stir until melted.
- Once the caramel has melted, pour over the top of the brownies and spread out to all edges to cover all the brownie.
- Sprinkle on top of the caramel the chopped pecans. Push them into the caramel so that they stick.
- Sprinkle the semi sweet chocolate chips on top of that and press in.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes so that the caramel can firm up. Slice with a knife and serve.
These brownies are absolutely delicious! You will want to fix these over and over again.