Here we are at Wednesday, 3 days in to the “Eat In Month” challenge that I am doing. So far, things are going great. We did have one small setback, but I let it slide because it was Robert’s victory lunch for passing his permit test. The family got McDonald’s. After that little outing to lunch, we got back on track and I served up this delicious Chicken Noodle Soup that I made from scratch, and hopefully will not eat out anymore for this entire month.
Being that this is Wednesday, I have decided to try and post a new dinner recipe that is quick, simple, and healthy! My first attempt at a “good for you” kind of meal is Chicken Noodle Soup. It was SO easy to throw together and turned out delicious!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package of egg noodles
- 8-10 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add your water to a soup pot. Add your vegetables to the pot. My family does not like onion or celery so I left them whole so that in the end, I could pull them out but leave the carrots.
- Salt your water. Add your chicken and boil until the chicken is done and almost falling off the bone. Once the chicken is done, remove it from the broth, remove any unwanted vegetables, and add the noodles, parsley, and the bouillon cubes to the broth. Let this simmer while you are removing the chicken meat from the bones.
- Once the chicken has been deboned and the meat shredded, add the chicken meat to the soup pot. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with crackers and shredded cheese if you like