I have a new found taco love — and it comes in the form of TURKEY! Oh my goodness — these Chipotle Turkey Tacos are my new favorite way to indulge in Mexican flare.
These tacos are super delicious. Not only are the delicious, but they are 1/2 the calories and fat of a beef taco. Switching out the beef for turkey is a very smart move and helps improve your health!
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 20-ounce package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 1.25-ounce taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
PICO DE GALLO
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 12 soft taco-size tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- In blender, combine sour cream and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- In large skillet, cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook until water is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- To make the pico de gallo, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Spread each taco shell with sour cream mixture. Fill tacos with lettuce, turkey, pico de gallo and cheese.
3 Reasons You Should Switch to Turkey
- Turkey tastes delicious — turkey is juicy and flavorful. Just adding a few spices like fresh herbs, you can create a mouthwatering dish that everyone in your family will love.
- Turkey is versatile — If you can cook a meal with beef, then you can switch that out and cook turkey. Try it in all your family's meals like lasagna, chili, soups, stews, and my favorite — turkey burgers!
- It's easy to find in the grocery store — Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey can easily be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. It's my favorite brand to use anytime when making delicious turkey meals.
Make the switch today to a healthier you! Jennie-O has a variety of products ranging from breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
What is your favorite turkey dish?
I am part of the Jennie-O Switch Circle. I was provided coupons in exchange for creating this recipe and sharing with you about turkey.