I love letting my daughter and her friends get in the kitchen in cook. It does this momma’s heart good to know that my child will be able to cook for herself when she chooses to move out on her own. Her latest creation you ask? These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.
Since Hershey sent me a HUGE box of stuff to use to bake goodies, I figured, why not let her go wild and bake some cookies?
She baked one batch (which I will share later this week), and her friend baked this batch. Do they not look scrumptious?
Here’s the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Stir cocoa into butter in large bowl; cool slightly. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt; beat until well blended. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour and pecans until blended. Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place balls 3-inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until tops have crackled appearance and are set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 2-1/2 dozen cookies.