I was sent a complimentary package of Red Gold Tomatoes in order to create this yummy Spicy Pulled Pork and Tomato Sandwich. All opinions are 100% my own.
I am a huge believer in utilizing my crockpot, especially on nights when we are SO busy I can't even begin to think about cooking dinner. In fact, you can click through to this post and find 5 super easy crockpot recipes that I have fixed that are my family's favorite.
I did however, find a new recipe that my family found absolutely lip smacking — and it involved a pork loin and delicious Red Gold Tomatoes.
If you want to put a hot meal on the table without all the fuss that using the stove will create, pull out your trusty crockpot and dinner will be on the table in no time flat.
Also — adding tomatoes to soups, stews and casseroles may also offer more nutrition than fresh tomatoes. When tomatoes are heated, the antioxidant lycopene (linked to several health benefits) is released.
Here is the delicious recipe I recently made.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 15 ounce cans Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes, or 1 (28 ounce) can RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES
- 1 14.5 ounce can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- In a small bowl combine all the spices. Rub the pork with about 6 to 8 tablespoons of the dry mixture; reserve the rest for future use. Wrap the pork with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the pork, fat side up, in a slow cooker. Add the RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES and RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove pork and shred with two forks. Add pan juices as needed to keep pork moist.
- Suggestion: Serve on toasted slider bun and top with cabbage slaw.
Enter to win a Crockpot From Red Gold
Over the next three weeks, Red Gold will be giving away 2 crockpots per day from September 17th- through October 8th. To enter, just visit the Red Gold Tomatoes Facebook page and enter to win.
Enter MY Giveaway for a Red Gold Tomato Pack
One of my Jen's Journey readers is going to win a fun cooking pack from Red Gold filled with all the goodies you need to create some delicious slow cooker meals.
The kit will contain
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced w/ green chills
- 1 diced with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 diced with garlic and olive oil
- A Red Gold apron, wooden spoon and recipes such as Pulled Pork Sliders, Sausage & Sweet Potato Chili and Slow Cooked Mac & Cheese
Use the Giveaway Tools form below to enter
Be sure to visit the Red Gold Website to find MORE yummy slow cooker meals to help you put a hearty dish on the table when you are pressed for time.