This delicious pasta recipe for Cajun Sausage Alfredo is one of the best comfort foods I have ever made in MY life. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through a magazine and saw this recipe for a sausage alfredo. Now — I LOVE anything alfredo, and we are huge fans of beef sausage and pollish sausage, so I knew this was something I wanted to make.
I went to the store to pick up the ingredients and found something that tickled my fancy –a Cajun Andouille sausage from Hillshire Farm (and no this is not a sponsored post, I just saw this and wanted to share it with you).
I have never had andouille sausage before, so I snatched it up to add into this pasta.
So — here is what I used to create this delicious 15 minute meal:
That's it! Just 4 simple ingredients.
So start by slicing your sausage into rounds. Once you get it sliced, put it in a pan with about a teaspoon of oil and brown on all sides.
Once you get the sausage drained, add in your heavy cream and Parmesan Cheese. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
(While this is going on, also cook your pasta to al dente).
Once it has reduced a bit and gotten thickened, mix in your pasta with it and top with chopped parsley for a simple, yet elegant looking dish.
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Cajun Andouille Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4” slices
- 8 oz. pasta, cooked, drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Fresh parsley for garnish
- PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- SAUTE sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- ADD cream and Parmesan Cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add pasta to sauce and toss
- Top with chopped fresh parsley
What is your favorite 15 minute recipe?