If you have been around here for any length of time, you know how much I love to read. I have been a part of the Goodreads community for a while now and I always take their reading challenge every year.
Last year, I chose to give myself a break from reading. I told myself I could read 50 books in one year (most of the time I read 100+ books). I didn’t even make it to 30.
2019 was just a really hard year so I took the year off from reading. Can I tell you something? I MISSED losing myself in a good book.
That’s why I decided to jump back on the reading bandwagon and get started again. I rejoined Book of the Month Club to help me pick books from different genres I would not normally read and set my reading goal for this year at 100 books.
February READING LIST
In January, I set a goal for me to read 8 books and I wound up reading 9. If you missed my January reading list post, just click that link and you can see all the books I read during that time.
Interested in what I am going to be reading in February? Check out the list below!
- The Naked Marriage: Imagine a marriage with complete intimacy, vulnerability, transparency, and trust. Imagine a marriage rooted in faith, friendship and mutual fulfillment. Imagine a marriage with amazing sex, but where great sex is only the icing on the cake. This might all sound too good to be true, but it’s actually what God designed marriage to be, and He doesn’t want you settling for anything less.
- Bridge to Haven: In this riveting saga of temptation, grace, and unconditional love, the New York Times bestselling author of Redeeming Love and The Masterpiece delivers big-canvas storytelling at its very best.
- Loving Him Well: In Loving Him Well – previously titled Sacred Influence – Gary Thomas builds on concepts from his bestselling book Sacred Marriage to reveal the inner workings of a man’s heart and mind. He delves into Scriptures that help women gain biblical insight to influence their husbands.
- The House Swap: She may not know exactly who is in her house. But she knows why they are there. Be careful who you let in… A house swap becomes the eerie backdrop to a crumbling marriage, a long-buried affair, and the fatal consequences that unfold.
- The Lies We Told: The highly acclaimed author of Watching Edie returns with a new novel of dark psychological suspense that explores how those closest to us have the most to hide.
- Dancing Through Life: Candace Cameron Bure has grown up before our eyes and we’ve watched as she’s balanced life in Hollywood with her faith for many years. But that all reached new heights when she was given the opportunity to join the cast of Dancing With the Stars. Being on the show was one of her dreams come true; and with that dream came the opportunity to display her Christian faith in front of millions of people, through an intense season of stretching beyond her limits, and to run the race God gave her with joy and perseverance.
- The Good Sister: An electrifying novel about the unyielding bond between two sisters, which is severely tested when one of them is accused of the worst imaginable crime.
- Fresh Out of Amazing: What do you do when everyone expects you to be amazing…and you’ve got nothing left to give? It’s an issue all busy women share—that pressure to always be a go-getter when sometimes all you want to do is get going (and stay gone for a long time).
Other Ways to Read Also
You can read all kinds of books when you choose Kindle Unlimited! I love it. I pay a small fee each month and have access to thousands of books without ever having to leave my home!
I am also planning on joining Audible and trying my hand at listening to books while I walk and workout to see how I like it. I am more of a reader than a listener so I will let you know how that goes!
My goal is to read at least 8 books a month which is roughly 2 books per week. I am hoping to really get all my reads in this year!
What are you currently reading or have on your agenda to read this month?