My family and I should have been Italian. We LOVE pasta. One of our favorite meals is lasagna. I think I could swim in a sea of it. Anyway, I was watching Food Network this week and Big Daddy’s House was on. I love that show! He was making his rendition of lasagna, BUT he was frying it in little bite size pieces. This got my attention! Let me introduce you to Fried Lasagna Bites.
He mixed up his lasagna mixture of ground beef, cottage cheese, marinara sauce, and mozarella cheese. Hmmm-hmmm goodness! He stuffed all this in cooked manicotti shells, then dipped them and rolled them in bread crumbs and fried them. All I can say is OH MY GOSH! Check them out!
- Fried Lasagna Bites
- 1 box of manicotti shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, or homemade
- 1 tub of cottage cheese
- 1 bag of shredded mozarella cheese
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef
- Pour in about 1 cup of sauce.
- Pour this into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Also allow manicotti shells to cool once removed from boiling water.
- After ground beef is cooled, mix cottage cheese and mozzarella together with ground beef mixture.
- Stuff into manicotti shells until completely full.
- Freeze until firm and can be sliced into thirds easily.
- Once sliced into thirds, roll each section in flour, then dip into egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Use remaining spaghetti sauce as a dip for your bites!