If you are looking for a healthy option to serve at your next Super Bowl Party, then check out these Jennie-O inspired Turkey Taco Bites. They are made using lettuce cups instead of the traditional taco shell.
We will be hosting a superbowl party this year at our house, and because I am trying really hard to eat better, I decided to offer some healthier choices on my food table this year.
Jennie-O is the perfect way to do that. These lettuce cups were made using ground turkey instead of ground beef. We also subbed out little lettuce cups instead of the normal taco shell. We topped them with cilantro, salsa, and avocado and skipped the cheese for a delicious and filling healthier option to snack on!
More Healthy Game Day Options
If you love serving healthier options, here are a couple of more great ideas using Jennie-O Turkey products.
Using the Sun Dried Tomato deli meat, simply purchase the whole package and slice at home. Freeze some for a later date, and then for your party, take slices and wrap around pretzels, asparagus, celery sticks, and more.
You can also place a pile of turkey on a platter on your game day table with options like whole wheat tortillas, whole grain breads, low fat cheeses, low fat mayo and all kinds of veggies to offer a delicious sandwich option.
Here is the recipe for the yummy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps above. I made my own taco seasoning using this recipe here which saves you a little bit of money at the grocery store. I also make my own salsa using this delicious tried and true recipe.
- 1 package of Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey
- taco seasoning
- butter lettuce leaves or iceburg lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- salsa for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Cook turkey until browned and cooked through. Drain off any grease. Add in taco seasoning and cook until sauce is thickened to your liking.
- Pull lettuce leaves off and place on a platter. Top each leaf with a spoon of turkey taco meat, along with cilantro, avocado slices and salsa. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with salsa, baked tortilla chips, and brown rice for a perfect healthy snack option.
What are your favorite healthy snack options?