In my home we LOVE potatoes! I have learned how to make potato skins, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, Potatoes Au Gratin, tater wedgies, and more! Now, my new favorite is Home Fries.
Home Fries are just as easy to make as anything else — and if you want a great breakfast, serve these alongside my delicious breakfast burritos (just click that link to get that yummy easy freezer recipe!)
- 8 russett potatoes, peeled and diced
- Seasoning Salt
- 2 teaspoons of oil for frying
- Simply dice up the desired amount of potatoes for your family’s needs. I use about 8 because we are all spud heads around here!
- Heat about two tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is heated, add your potatoes to the pan and cover.
- The steam and heat from the covered pan will cook the potatoes faster.
- Periodically take the lid off and move the potatoes around so that they can evenly brown.
- About 10 minutes before you are ready to take them off the stove, remove the lid and salt and pepper them generously. I even sprinkle in a little Lawry’s seasoning salt for extra flavor.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to let the oil drain off. These are just too good for words!
These are simply delicious and you cannot beat restaurant style home fries. Anytime we are out eating somewhere that gives me a choice of hashbrowns or home fries, I go for home fries every single time.
What about you? Do you prefer hashbrowns or home fries?