Do you remember awhile back when I said that I liked jarred alfredo sauce? Well, the other night I tried my hand at homemade alfredo sauce — and it is SO much better. In fact, it ROCKS!
It is so simple to make, even your two year old could make it.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy. Eat up. Pasta is my drug of choice (ha ha)!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium sauce pan, add cream and butter together. Heat until it is all melted. Add Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until sauce just starts to thicken.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine noodles and chicken. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- (To cook chicken, season with salt and pepper and fry until it is done all the way through. Cut up into chunks and toss with sauce and pasta).
You can use this sauce to top any kind of pasta that you have in your pantry, or you can be adventurous and make homemade pasta!
Whichever way you choose to eat it, I will never be buying store bought alfredo sauce again. From now on, I will be making it fresh and homemade every single time.