One of the ways to consume CBD is by incorporating it in your daily recipes and eat it. It among the easiest and safest ways to take your daily doses of CBD. Why? It’s easily absorbed into the bloodstream of the user.
Besides, CBD infused pesto can serve other vital purposes in your kitchen. It includes dressing your salad, spreading on bread, adding in steamed veggies, or even act as a sauce for pasta. It will do well for most of your meals.
CBD products such as IHF CBD oil are known to have many health benefits to users, which include relieving pain, easing anxiety and depression, used in cancer treatment, reducing acne, among others. A real CBD pesto is made using a motor and a pesto. However, it can be used with other recipes to enhance its taste and as a more comfortable way of consumption.
Essential Tips to Note before using CBD in any Recipe
- Avoid Heat
Excess heat while cooking a recipe with CBD oils will make the CBD evaporate, thus resultingin it beingineffective while consumed. Experts recommend using CBD oils as a finish on meals. It is enough reason why you should be CBD pesto to preserve the quality of your CBD oil.
- Use fat
To increase the bioavailability of your CBD, use oil-based ingredients or fat. Besides, this helps you receive most of the benefits of CBD after consumption.
- Give Savory a trail
If you are using high-quality CBD oil, do not be afraid to try savory dishes. Why not try it in a salad in a pasta sauce, salad dressing, or even drop it in your soup? It gives an incredible taste to your meal.
- Use the Right Amounts of CBD
Unlike THC, CBD will not give you the psychoactive effects. However, it does not imply that you take more than is required. Control your CBD doses appropriately to ensure it is beneficial to your health, and you will achieve the desired effects. Since there is no specific dosage for CBD and its products, it is advised you start with low dosages and gradually increase it.
Below is a healthy and simple recipe for CBD pesto.
Cooking Tip: This recipe is purely from CBD oil only and does not have psychoactive effects on the consumer. It's a raw CBD pesto.
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Below is a list of ingredients needed to make a raw CBD pesto.
- 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- A pinch of black pepper
- 5 ml Full spectrum CBD oil. ( For our recipe we used the IHF Full-Spectrum CBD oil)
- Clean all your greens
- Cook the 1 cup of pine nuts in the oven. It should take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the greens to small pieces
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender or food processor. Start with the nuts followed by vegetables and other ingredients on top.
- Finally, add your 5ml full-spectrum CBD oil.
- Start the blending process until all the ingredients are finely chopped to form a paste. It should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- (Optional) you can continue blending for an extra two minutes to ensure that the CBD oil is evenly distributed in the mixture.
- Transfer into a jar or a bowl that big enough to hold your blended amount.
- Using a serving spoon, scoop enough amounts into small bowls.
- You can serve with pasta, grilled vegetables, fish, chicken, tofu, or even pizza.
How do I Preserve CBD Pesto
At times, you might make excess CBD pesto than you require for that particular meal. Are you worried? You can always store your CBD pesto for the next few days. How? Here is an easy way to store it. Using your ice cube tray, make CBD pesto cubes. Then put them in a freezer bag for later use.
Whenever you want to eat, get enough pesto cubes and thaw. However, it might not retain the exact taste as when you prepared. It is always advisable to eat all of your CBD pesto after you make it.
There are various recipes you can always use to make your CBD pesto from raw pesto to flavored ones. A CBD pesto is very versatile and will be a big plus to most of your meals at home. Besides, CBD pesto will give your body most of the benefits related to CBD.
The way you prepare and ingredient used for the CBD pesto will determine if the CBD will retain its quality and essential components it contains. Also, always use quality CBD oils as they give you the right benefits to your body. Before you start eating your favorite CBD pesto, please consult your doctor about it. Finally, read and understand the instructions labeled on the CBD oil you purchase, not forgetting if it has any THC in it.