This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoNutsForNuts Visit the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Tonight I am headed to a Ladie's Movie Night that some of my girlfriends and I have once a month. Tonight's theme is Christmas, so I thought I would whip up a delicious Spiced Holiday Bark using 4 simple ingredients that I picked up from Walmart this morning.
This chocolate bark is SO easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time. It makes a very festive holiday sweet to give to a friend or to even take to a girls night out function (like I’m going to attend this evening).
When I got up this morning, I headed to Walmart to grab a few items for the house, so while I was there I saw this cute little sleigh display full of Planters Seasonal Peanuts.
They had so many options to choose from, but I chose the Winter Spiced Mix. It has all of my favorite nuts in it, so I knew it was going to be a big hit.
Planter’s is also featured on the free Blippar App. You can interact with Mr. Peanut, himself! Of course, the Blippar App has many other great features. Just by scanning the Planter’s product, you can explore Holiday Gift Tips, Holiday Products and pictures with Mr. Peanut. You can also use the Blippar App on other products, get recipe ideas and more.
I grabbed the other 4 ingredients I needed — white chocolate chips, chocolate melting wafers, and dried cranberries and then I headed home to make my delicious treat.
Start by melting your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
I make sure to put my chocolate in a glass bowl because it does better with melting, then I set my microwave to 15 second increments and after every 15 seconds I stir the chocolate.
As soon as it starts to begin melting, I cut the time back to 10 seconds and stir briskly after every 10 seconds. The minute it starts to really melt, I just keep stirring and let the heat from the melted chocolate melt the other chips as well.
Once the chocolate is melted, spread it out on a parchment lined baking sheet. I try to make my chocolate about 1/2″ thick, but you can go thinner if you want to.
Once you have the chocolate all spread out, sprinkle on your nuts and dried cranberries. Be sure to push the pieces down into the chocolate so that they stick good.
Place it in the freezer while you melt the chocolate wafers. The wafers will be melted the same way that you melted the white chocolate.
Once you get your chocolate bark hardened and your chocolate wafers melted, just take the spoon and drizzle it on all over in all different kinds of directions. Don’t worry if you get it all over the parchment paper. That won’t matter when you peel it off and break it up into little pieces.
Once you get the chocolate wafers drizzled on, place back into the freezer for a couple of more minutes.
After your chocolate is set up, simply break into pieces and place on a gorgeous platter or wrap it up and give it as a gift t a friend or family member.
- 1 can of Planters Spiced Nut Medley Mix
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of White Chocolate Chips
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, melt your white chocolate chips. Be sure to do this in 15-20 times so as not to burn the chocolate.
- Once you have your chocolate melted, spread it out in a ½" thick layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on the nuts and dried cranberries. Gently press them into the chocolate and then place into the freezer for a couple of minutes.
- While your bark is cooling, melt your chocolate wafers the same way you melted the white chocolate.
- Once you have it all melted, take your bark out of the freezer and drizzle on the chocolate melted wafers.
- Place back in the freezer for a couple of minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once it is set, break into pieces and serve or wrap and give as a gift to a friend or family member.
What about you? What is your favorite holiday bark recipe?